HELPER CHEFS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oven Roasted Gourmet Potatoes

Dan and My wedding was this last summer. My Maid of Honor, Jennifer, has been my best friend since Elementary School. I give her 99% of the credit for our relationship. I do not keep up with Birthdays or Anniversaries very well. I usually pop her birthday card in the mail the day of. I am not good at calling people, or staying in touch. She is the one that makes the phone call the majority of the time. We usually play phone tag, and wind up catching each other about once a month. Through the years we have even went a couple months without touching base. But all of this, she understands and accepts about me.

She knows me well. She knows that if I am missing in action, I am perfectly fine, just busy. She knows that I usually won't take time to pick up my phone and dial a few digits to chat. She knows that not hearing from me for weeks or even months on end doesn't mean I am mad at her. She knows that when she finally does get me on the other end of the phone, we will pick up right where we left off.

Jennifer knows a lot about me. A lot that dates as far back to the years running around barefoot through the hills on my farm with our goats and the dog by our sides. The years of skipping school to ride horse and have picnics. The years filled with helping each other write love letters and sneaking out on the weekends. The years of keeping in touch through college even though we were a couple states away. This summer she threw a magnificent bridal shower for me. At the shower she gave me a special gift filled with numerous items that held significance to all of the years of our relationship . One of those items was a bottle of White Truffle Oil.

Last night I popped the cork on that bottle. Something delicious came of it. Jennifer, this one's for you:)


One serving is NOT enough!


The gooey goodness of the Gorgonzola combined with the crisp slices of garlic all over the soft pieces of potato with crisp little corners and edges. OOOoooH YuM! And then of course, you just have to have the drizzle of White Truffle Oil. Ah! Heaven!



- Oven Roasted Gourmet Potatoes-

-Ingredients-
2 1/2 - 3 cups of smaller red potatoes cubed up
Sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
Sprinkle of garlic powder (not salt)
Sprinkle of Montreal Steak Seasoning
Pam
6-8 Tsp Reduced Fat Crumbled Gorgonzola
3-4 Big cloves of garlic

-Directions-
-Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
-Take approx. Cut smaller red potatoes in half lengthwise. Then slice and cube in about 6-8 little cubes roughly about 1 inch by 1/2 inch. Measure about 2 1/2 cups of the cubed potatoes.
-Spray a pan with Pam. Sprinkle potatoes in the pan. They should lay in a single layer. It doesn't matter if they touch.
-Sprinkle potatoes with Cajun Seasoning, Garlic Powder, and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Keep in mind that Cajun Seasoning and Montreal Steak Seasoning both have Salt in them so sprinkle according to your taste.
-Spray Pam over the potatoes and pop in the 450 degree oven uncovered for 15 minutes. During this time, peel 3-4 big cloves of Garlic. Then slice them as thinly as possible. Set Garlic to the side.
-After the 15 minute time goes off, toss, turn, and stir potatoes and pop back in oven for 5 more minutes.
- After the 5 minute timer goes off, sprinkle the 3 gloves of Garlic over the potatoes and pop it back int he oven for 6-7 minutes depending on desired garlic tenderness.
-After the 6-7 minutes, sprinkle the potatoes with the Gorgonzola one tsp at a time so that it is evenly distributed.
-Pop back in oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted a little.
-Remove potatoes from the oven and drizzle with 3 tsp of white truffle oil.
-If I am making this dish for myself I drizzle the whole dish before serving.
-Dan doesn't care for the strong flavors of white truffle oil, so I set the table with the bottle of oil and let everyone drizzle their own.

(Served 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment