HELPER CHEFS

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fruit Dip


This delicious fruit dip is so easy it is almost not classified as a real recipe. I loved this dip so much I had to seriously stop myself from eating it by the spoonful. I made this for a girls football watching party. Before I left the house, I scooped a cup or so in a little bowl to save for Dan for his breakfast fruit the next morning......

The dip was a hit with the girls at the party, and when I got home I lost all self control and started dragging strawberries so deeply through the dip you would think I was trying to drown the poor things. Luckily I ran out of strawberries halfway through my feeding frenzy and snapped back to reality. Embarrassed by how I had inhaled half a bowl of dip in possibly less than 2 minutes - I sheepishly covered the dip, hid it in the back corner of the fridge, and swore I wouldn't touch it till Dan had a chance to have a taste too.

The next morning Dan enjoyed his fruit dip like a gentleman, "dipping" his fruit rather than dragging and drowning it. I wonder if he noticed when I used my finger to swipe the sides of the dish clean like a kid with a cake batter beater?

Lets just say I will make this again, but not before I first remind myself to mind my manners.

3 Things I Like About This Dip

1 - It is very easy and fast to make
2 - Does not taste like it was easy to make
3 - It keeps well for at least 3 days in the fridge so its a great make ahead or left over
recipe

Fruit Dip
Ingredients
- 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 strawberry yogurts (or whatever flavor you like)
- 1 regular size jar of Marshmallow Fluff (I found mine at Walmart for under a buck)
- 1 tsp of vanilla

Directions
- In a mixer mix the room temperature cream cheese and one yogurt at a time at medium speed. When the cream cheese is broken up good, speed the mixer up to med/high and whip until the cream cheese is not lumpy. (there may be tiny tiny little specks but that is ok.)
- Add Vanilla and mix in
- Add the marshmallow fluff and mix at lox/med speed until blended
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas, grapes, pineapple, or whatever floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment