HELPER CHEFS

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Healthified Tuna Salad




If you love Tuna Salad Sandwiches but are trying to cut a few calories, I found the perfect twist on the traditional Tuna Salad Sandwich or Tuna Salad on Crackers......Tuna Salad on crisp slices of cucumber! Yummy and healthier!

You cut back on the carbs when replacing the 2 bread slices or crackers with crisp slices of cucumber. I also use Smart Balance Mayonnaise or Lemonaise from Whole Foods rather than real full calories mayo if I can help it.

This is kind of a throw together recipe and measurements depend on desired taste. This makes a quick and healthy lunch when I am in a hurry. The freshness and crunch of the cucumber is just perfect for a hot summer day:)

I believe I cut this picture out of an old Country Living Magazine that I had from my Grandma. A few of these magazines from 1994-2002 made every move so far so I finally broke down and cut out all the recipes I would like to try. I already like the way I make tuna which is how my Mom made it when I was growing up, so I use that recipe, but the idea of cucumber slices was new to me so I tried them and LOVED it:)


Healthified Tuna Salad


Canned Tuna drained
Mayo of choice
Fresh Dill chopped fine
Dill Pickles diced small
Onion white or yellow chopped small
pepper

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, amount of each ingredient depends on taste of eater.

Use sliced crisp cucumber rounds to dip like chips, or tuna can be served on top of each round and garnished with a bit of Parsley or more Dill.




2 comments:

  1. Nice man. Extremely informative post. I'll be sure to pass this along to my friends.
    Audi A3 Turbocharger

    ReplyDelete
  2. hemos adjuntado un tracback dinero en este link/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback loscuentoscortos.net/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback juegosde-moda.org/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback extractos de libros/ en chile hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback peliculashindu.com/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback descarga de series/ en HD hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback www.pelicula20.com/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback www.recetasfacil.com/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback videntesfamosos.org/ hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback sitioco.com hacia estos articulos
    hemos adjuntado un tracback lodijo.com/ hacia estos articulos

    ReplyDelete