HELPER CHEFS

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Soft, Chewy, Oreo Crunch Cookie

Soft, Chewy, Oreo Crunch Cookie

Is it possible for a cookie to be soft and chewy yet also crunchy? You bet it is! The soft bendy cookie surrounded by the crunch of the Oreo crumbs in this recipe brings something totally amazing to your mouth. These cookies are just as delicious when cooled off as they are fresh out of the oven.

NFL Football season is underway and training camp has officially started. I do not enjoy my hubby being gone for weeks on end, but I DO enjoy being able to use the football team as my taste testers! Better yet, it allows me to bake (which I love), and not gain weight eating it all in one sitting (because we all know that I have NO self control). I try just 1 or 2 of each treat I make, then quickly scoot off to the facility to deliver the goods before I gobble them all down.

Well my taste testers gave this recipe a two thumbs up. I have a feeling these will be requested again. Next time I'm cranking out a double or triple batch of these bad boys.







Soft, Chewy, Oreo Crunch Cookie

Bake Time: 12 to 15 minutes

½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 - 3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.

3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.

4. Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Roll them well so the whole cookie is covered in crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Do NOT press down. They will fall on their own. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are JUST golden.

5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

(SLIGHTLY Adapted from Brown Eyed Bakers Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment