HELPER CHEFS

Monday, January 11, 2010

Best Banana Bread Yet!

Best Banana Bread Yet!
I have tasted many banana bread recipes. The only two I really look forward to eating are two recipes that I could not get ahold of mid morning when I wanted to make a load.... My Dad's recipe, and Dan's Dad's recipe....so I whipped this up.....DELICIOUS! I will definatley repeat this one. Butter is always great spread on a warm fresh peice of banana bread. After the first slice of this delish bread I didn't even use butter. It was fabulous without it! This is a very moist recipe that is very tastey....mmm.mmm.good!





Ingredients:
1 heaping cup mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
tiny dash of salt

Optional - nuts, raisins, chocolate, ect

Instructions:
-In a large bowl, mix together well the bananas, sugar, butter, sour cream and eggs and vanilla.
-In a different bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon, and salt.
-Next add the dry mix to the banana mix, stirring until just combined. Don’t over stir.
-If using optional ingredients, stir them in now
-Bake in a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a tester comes out clean. Cool for five minutes before removing from pan.
-ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Making this now! Had a bunch of brown bananas, so it's a perfect Saturday recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ate this now. I think its the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete