HELPER CHEFS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Red Pepper Cheese Wedges

Red Pepper Cheese Wedges
Final Product....With basil hiding....embedded underneath....mmmm
Pic b4 the oven
Red Pepper Cheese Wedges

Serves 2

Ingredients
-1/2 red pepper cut on natural ribs to make boat shape
-1/2 inch thick slice of Low moisture Mozzarella Cheese cut off block. Cut in cubes.
-10 fresh basil leaves
-fresh ground pepper
-tiny pinch of garlic powder
-drizzle of olive oil

Directions
-Put 2 boats of red pepper in water.
-Bring water to boil.
-Boil 2-3 minutes
-Turn water off and let peppers sit till water is almost cool.
-Remove Peppers and gentling shake off excess water. Set aside.
-Cut all but 4 basil leaves in ribbons.
-Distribute basil ribbons evenly between the peppers, spreading them on the bottom of the pepper boats.
-Distribute cubed cheese between boats.
-Grind fresh pepper over top cheese
-Lay last basil leaves on top cheese. (2 on each)
-TINY sprinkle of garlic powder on top
-Drizzle of olive oil. Not too much! Just a drop on top of each basil leaf.
-Pop in Oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
-Can keep in warm oven till ready to serve.
-If I was to do this again, I may try to put the last basil leaves on after they come out....

1 comment:

  1. Kaela!! I saw all your great foody pics on facebook and thought I'd check out your page. LOVE IT! I'm a total foody but don't get the time to do all the cookin' I'd like but would love to share recipes. I just made a really great soup, African Peanut stew! Mmmmm so delicious and nutritious to boot! Hope all is going well in FL. Will you be home at all this summer? Keep me posted. I haven't really gotten into the blogging thing yet but would like to this summer when I have a bit more free time.

    Hugs, loves, & positive vibes...Danielle

    ReplyDelete